Running Performance & Injuries in Rochester
- Calf (gastrocnemius/soleus) strains
- Plantar fasciitis
- Hip bursitis
- Iliotibial Band Friction Syndrome
- Patellofemoral pain (kneecap problems)
- Shin splints
- Hamstrings strains
- Tibialis posterior tendonitis
A Thorough Physical Therapy Evaluation Is Where Treatment Begins
Runners can suffer from a variety of injuries and there are numerous reasons why a runner might be experiencing pain. The first thing your physical therapist will do is perform an evaluation. This consists of the following:
- Your past medical history
- Your current complaints
- What makes the problem better and worse
- Any past or present treatment
Then a thorough physical exam is performed including:
- Foot, knee, hip, pelvis mechanics
- Observation and analysis of your running style (gait analysis)
- Examination of your footwear and any orthoses if used
How A Physical Therapist Can Help Running Injuries in Rochester
Physical therapists can help runners recover from injuries as well as decrease the chance that they will return. Improving the following can be of assistance:
- Running technique
- Thigh and calf strength
- Hip/core stability
- Quadriceps, hamstrings, and calf flexibility
- Foot mechanics (decreasing excess pronation)
- Shock absorption
- Training strategies (frequency, training time, distance, environment)
Conservative care for running injuries is important. Runners that push through pain can cause long-lasting injuries that may limit training and performance. Seeing a physical therapist that is training in the evaluation and treatment of running injuries can help.
Do You Suffer With A Running Injury? Give Us A Call Today To Learn How We Can Help!
Request An Appointment
Please fill out this form and
we will contact you about scheduling.
Personally, I had some issues with my right hip as an over use injury from running. After a deep analysis, Karen and her team gave me some great advice as well new strength workouts and stretches to get me back on track.
I’ve had 2 visits with future appointments scheduled. I am feeling much less knee pain. With the suggested exercises and at home therapy I expect to be feeling better soon. Thank you to my therapist, Patrick.